The days are getting longer, the garden is waking up and there's a sense of spring in the air. Do your container gardens celebrate the season? Or do they look rather bedraggled after a harsh winter?
Although it's too early to plant summer annuals you can still transform those pots into beautiful showcases filled with color, texture, and fragrance.
Let me show you how
As a professional container designer I have created hundreds of dramatic combinations for countless satisfied clients, taught container design to nursery professionals as well as keen home gardeners, and had my designs published in some of the top magazines and books in the United States. Failure is not an option. Every planter has to look fabulous - every time, and I've learned the tricks to ensure success. Tricks I'd love to share with you.
Hallmarks of a well designed spring container
- Rich layers of foliage and flowers that celebrate the season.
- A cohesive color palette - not a confusing mish-mash
- Exciting plant combinations - with a few surprises
- Gloriously lush and truly abundant, even when newly planted
- Well balanced in form and scale
- Incorporates versatile, budget-conscious elements that can be re-worked into summer designs or added to the landscape
Is that how your containers look?
If not, don't worry.
Watch and learn: lifetime access to two planting demonstration videos
Downloadable plant lists and planting plans for each of the designs
Downloadable list of basic supplies and materials
Downloadable list of my favorite shrubs, perennials, groundcovers, and seasonal accents for early spring designs
BONUS: a deer-resistant, late winter/early spring container combination featured in my book Deer-Resistant Design for you to copy!
“I have never been disappointed with any of Karen’s gardening workshops! Course layouts are always very detailed, she provides clear explanations on how and why she does things, and I always learn new techniques from her. Her container designs at t...”→Read More
“I have never been disappointed with any of Karen’s gardening workshops! Course layouts are always very detailed, she provides clear explanations on how and why she does things, and I always learn new techniques from her. Her container designs at the end of each demonstration from this workshop are absolutely gorgeous, yet she made it very affordable, I’m in WOW and inspired! ”→Read Less
- How this online workshop works:
- Additional Plant Inspiration
- Basic Supplies and Materials
- Spring Celebration - a bold, colorful design for sunny areas (20:07)
- Plant List and Planting Plan - Spring Celebration
- Rustic Simplicity - a woodland inspired design for partial shade (16:20)
- Plant List and Planting Plan - Rustic Simplicity
- A Deer-Resistant Design for Winter & Early Spring
- Digging Deeper into Container Gardening
- Books to Inspire You
- Keep in Touch
- Please take a moment to answer 5 short questions
Do I have to set aside time on a specific day to watch this?
No, unlike live webinars, this online workshop will fit YOUR schedule. You can watch the modules whenever you want, as often as you want, on any device.
Will the plants work for my area?
I have used an assortment of conifers, perennials, groundcovers, and spring bulbs, many of which will be available. However, the beauty of my unique design strategy is that you will learn HOW to design and be able to substitute plants with confidence should you need to.
What is your refund policy?
If you are not completely satisfied with the quality and content of this course, you may request a full refund within 7 days of registration.
All Courses, Container Gardening
Container Gardening Duo
Designing Abundant Containers
DECK THE HALLS: Creating Sensational Holiday Containers
Secrets to Selecting Low Maintenance Plants